Dec 20, 2012

'Twas the Week Before Christmas

This has been a slow week. We have all been a little under the weather. Carter and I had it over the weekend, then Dustin had it at the beginning of the week, and now poor Leah is sick. Luckily it is just a mild cold, but still no fun! 

Leah asked me to take her and Carters' picture last night! Haha, ok! Look at her poor little red face from her cold :(

Monday Leah had her last dance class until Jan 7. I dressed her in a Christmasy ballet outfit, and Grammy came to watch!
LOVE this picture of Leah and my mom!

Pretty pointed toes!

Leah and Ashlyn after dance class

Tuesday was Carter's 4 month checkup. He was such a good boy, smiling at the nurse and doctor. And THEN came the shots.......ugh, I have never seen him cry so hard, it broke my heart!!!!  :(
Waiting for the dr to come in
The rest of this week we have just stayed home since Leah isn't feeling well. We have watched lots of cartoons and I have tried to get some chores and Christmas projects done.

I saw this idea on the Ellen show yesterday and decided to try. I think it turned out cute. Even Dustin noticed and commented on it :-) Just upside down wine & cocktail glasses filled with ornaments and candles on top!

And I had fun playing with Leah's hair this morning. I bribed her with some blueberries (her favorite!) while I practiced my braiding skills.


And I am pretty much obsessed with this, especially on these dark and dreary days when I need some caffeine!

Today is Dustin's last day of work and then he is home with us until after Christmas, yay!

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe how much Leah looks like you. She's your twin!

    Hope everyone is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shannon stole my comment! I was going to say how much Leah is starting to look like you. Not that she didn't before but holy smokes she is your mini me. It will be fun to see if Carter takes after you or Daddy. Enjoy your time as a family while your hubby is off!

      Delete
    2. Thanks ladies :) She didn't look like me at all when she was a baby so I love that I now have a little mini me :)

      Delete
  2. We did the same type of table decorations at our MOPS meeting the other day! It looks super cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same title on my post. I can't believe how big cater has gotten! And I just adore the pic of Leah with her little pointed toes, it would be beautiful in black and white and framed!

    ReplyDelete