May 7, 2012

Preparing for Guests

Sorry I have been MIA for awhile!  We have been busy preparing for our out of town guests!  Dustin's cousin Josh, his wife Heather and their 4 year old Hudson are visiting for a week and staying with us.  We have never hosted guests before! Our house is in a little of a transition right now since we are preparing for our baby boy's arrival. But I think we did a good job of transitioning our office/den into a nice guest room.

Up until now this room had a loveseat, desk and Leah's toy overflow
Nice trundle bed & bedding that my M-I-L let us borrow.
We found these temporary shades for our french doors since we didn't want to put permanent curtains.
I hope the room is cozy for them!

We also got some patio furniture for the backyard! Dustin was obsessed with the idea of a fire pit so that's what we got!
Can't wait to have our first fire tonight since the weather is awesome today!

Dustin and Leah worked on the yard a bit this weekend. Leah loves being a big helper. :-)
Yesterday I also did a huge shopping trip to stock up on breakfast foods and snacks for our guests!  But I also snuck in a little mommy time :-)
They talked me into getting the flowers! :-)

OK well hopefully the weather stays nice all week while our guests are here!  We have lots of fun activities and touristy things planned!

5 comments:

  1. Love your nail polish, the colour is so nice!!
    Enjoy your week with your friends and enjoy that backyard fire pit!! You did a good job with the room, it looks very cozy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is obsessed with fire pits too. We have at least 10 fires a summer with friends and family. Very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! Can't wait to hear about all the fun things you do. Its always fun being a "tourist" in your own city. And the weather report looks good too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think playing tourists is so fun too!!! Enjoy every second!!

    ReplyDelete