May 29, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

This weekend seemed really long! We did a lot and Dustin and I had a lot of "couple" time.  I really didn't take that many pictures unfortunately but I will share what we did.
Daddy and Leah's dance party Friday night :-)
First of all I should note that Leah has been waking up really early these days. Usually between 6:30 and 7. Dustin and I are NOT early morning people so this has been rough.  I don't know if it is that she is in a bed now and can get up when she wants, or if it is because it is light so early now. But I hope it is just a phase!!  So getting up super early has made our days seem even longer lately!

Saturday was a beautiful day. We took a walk to a nearby park in the morning and we played for awhile.
Snack break (wearing Daddy's hat)
That afternoon I ran some errands and then our friends Kim and Chris came over for a barbecue that night. We just grilled hot dogs and had chips, salad, fruit, cupcakes. Yummy.  Then after Leah went to bed we made a fire in our backyard and the guys played with the fire while me and Kim had some laughs looking through our high school yearbooks!
 Leah looooved the cupcake we let her have! What a mess!!

Sunday morning was another walk to a different playground. The weather was much cooler that day, booo!  That afternoon my mother in law came over to watch Leah. Dustin and I went to get massages (we just found out that the insurance at his new job covers 40 a year for each of us, whoooop!). After our appointments we went to register for baby boy gifts since my friend Kim is throwing a shower for me next month!  We also couldn't help ourselves from buying some new toys for Miss Leah :-) We ended the evening with a delicious dinner at the Cheesecake Factory.

This weekend we converted our dining room into a playroom!  We just figure that since we rarely ever used our dining room (and don't have the extra $ to make it nice like we would want anyway) let's make that room functional! So while our kids are little, that's what the room will be. Keep most of the toys all in one spot and Leah, baby brother, and their friends will have somewhere fun to play. 
So it went from this -
To this -
I still want to get some organizational bins and maybe put a little chair in there. 

Monday morning was another date opportunity for Mommy and Daddy. We dropped Leah off at my Mom's house and went to see The Avengers in 3D. It was ok.  I don't really love wild action movies but Dustin wanted to see it so we went :-) 

Overall a very fun weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Kristin!
    I love The Cheesecake Factory, we always visit there when we visit the USA. Such great (and big) meals.
    Leah is as adorable as ever, look at her dancing away, so sweet :)
    I love how you converted your dining room to a playroom, I think it is very practical and cute. We have always had a playroom up until baby #3 came along and we needed a bedroom back :)
    Have a wonderful week and I hope you are feeling really great with your pregnancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love long weekends! Glad you had a lot of date time with your hubby. That's so important. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the perfect weekend to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed the dining room to playroom conversion, how great! Having a separate area for toys is so nice, especially when there are two to make a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been to the Cheesecake factory, but the name of it makes my mouth water. Glad you guys had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful cupcake face your daughter has!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you guys will really use the room with it being a play room!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, that's a great picture of Leah after the cupcake. Sounds like a really great Memorial Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete