Mar 12, 2013

Finally, a new blog post!

Almost every day I think, I really need to do a blog post about this or that......I almost never get a chance to sit down with my computer these days!! Whenever Carter and Leah are content & playing or sleeping, I have tons of other chores to do or I just want to go to sleep myself! :-)  My "break" used to be while Leah napped and now the last few days she has decided she doesn't want to take a nap. So I am pretty sure her napping days are numbered. I don't think I am ready for that yet!! Carter still isn't on a set nap schedule but I guess I need to start trying to get that to happen.
Here is what happened yesterday while Leah was supposed to be napping. That is the contents of her pillow...
The month of February was so boring and dreary! Almost all of our friends seemed to have one sickness or another the whole time! So we stayed home a LOT and I was really trying to keep Leah entertained with projects and activities. But I will admit she ended up watching more TV then I liked, so I felt guilty about that. A few days I would just load the kids up in the car and drive around just to get out of the house!  Thank god for Starbucks drive thrus :-)


March so far has been a much better month. Spring is on the horizon and our friends are healthy so we have been back to our normal playdates and get togethers.

Last week we went to a storytime at the library which Leah loved!! And then on Friday it was nice and sunny so a bunch of my mommy friends and I met at the trail with our strollers to get some exercise. My friend Linnea and I decided to jog off and on (which is really hard when you are pushing about 50lbs worth of stroller and kids!!) and then finish it off with some squats and I am still sore!! But it felt great to get some exercise again!!!
Last night Dustin and I went on our first real date night since before Carter was born! We don't count his work Christmas party because that was just with work people and not a real date to connect with just eachother! Auntie Esther and Uncle Neil came over to play with Leah and we took Carter over to my mom's house. We went to dinner at Purple Wine Bar and then went to the Melting Pot for a yummy dessert of some chocolate fondue!! It was really fun but I felt like I blinked and our time was up and we had to go back home to our babies. I think we just need to make more of an effort to make a date night be a regular thing.  (OK Esther and Mom???  Let's just say the first Saturday of every month? hehehe)
Our wine samplers!
Also, I am obsessed with Instagram! I love taking and sharing pics of my kids but I was getting sick of posting them to Facebook.  It has been fun following some of my blogger friends too! :-)

4 comments:

  1. Yeah for date nights! (We get a couple coming up soon since we have family coming in town and I can't WAIT!) And that stroller group looks super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAAH - I can't believe with Leah did in her room. Oh boy!

    And yes to date nights. We have a "day date" scheduled 3.29 and I CAN'T WAIT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha that first picture is hilarious! Glad you guys had a good date night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't stop smiling at what Leah did to her room lol, and she didn't just confine it to the one spot, she did a great job in ensuring all the carpet was covered!!! hahaha too cute
    So glad you got a chance to enjoy a date night with your husband :)

    ReplyDelete