Feb 22, 2013

Bittersweet

Yesterday we said goodbye to our kitty Leilah. We have had her since we rescued her almost 5 years ago as a kitten. We thought our other cat Tiger was lonely and would want a playmate. They got along fine but Tiger seemed annoyed by her most of the time! Once we had our real human babies, Leilah was just driving me crazy and always RIGHT THERE!! It was sad, really, because she just wanted attention and us to play with her. But she wasn't my priority any more. She never really acted out terribly, but would get into food we left out, try to sleep in the crib, get cat hair everywhere, etc. So, we decided to try and find a new home for her. We wanted it to be a friend or someone we knew so that we could keep in contact and make sure the new owners were treating her well and that she was happy. SO, a friend of mine had a co-worker that was looking for a new kitty sibling for her cat. She came to meet her and loved her (everyone does, she is such a loving cat). Yesterday Leilah's new owner came to pick her up.  It is really sad to see her go, and we will miss her (sometimes.) But it is also a relief to not worry about her anymore. I can leave Leah's snacks on her little table and not worry about the cat snagging them, or her meowing loudly while the baby is sleeping, or scattering her cat food all around the kitchen! It seems somewhat quieter here today. I can't help but feel a little guilty.......but I feel more relieved. And it seems like Tiger is loving it too! I think he is meant to be an only cat.
We had a little photo shoot and spent some time saying goodbye in the morning. I thought Leah might get upset but she was fine when the lady came to pick her up, and even told the lady how Leilah always knocks over her toys! ha!

Here are a few funny pics of the kids playing -

As you can see, Leah always wants to be where "her baby" is :-)

Zooming around on her new scooter from Grammy!!
 Poor Carter was so fussy on Tuesday after his doctor's appt which included 3 shots :-( It is the worst thing ever to see your baby cry out in pain!!!!
Passed out in his bouncy chair. He usually never just falls asleep without being nursed or rocked...

Also, I am probably the last person in the world, but I just joined Instagram!
Follow me @kristinnr81

Happy Friday!

3 comments:

  1. It is always hard to say goodbye to a pet, but at least you found a great home for her! Those pictures are so cute at the end, I love when my kids play together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I remember when we lost our kitty we were so sad! It is always so hard. And look at your two cuties! I'm @fromcorporatetodomestic on IG :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye to your kitty but that is SO GREAT you went through the effort to find a great home for her! I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't do that :( I'm sure she is happy in her new home! I started following you on instagram - I'm Carol701!)

    ReplyDelete