Feb 19, 2013

Carter - 6 Months!

We had Carter's 6 month appointment today! He is a big 16lbs 13oz! 
He still has only had breast milk! I made it to my goal of 6 months exclusive breastfeeding!!! I am so excited about how successful and positive my nursing experience has been with him. Now that I have reached my goal of 6 months, well, I am just going to keep on going!
He is getting better at sitting up!
He looks so big in these pics!
He loves the new toy I got him for his 6 month birthday :)
The last few weeks Carter has been sleeping pretty well, usually at least a 6 hour stretch at night!

This weekend we decided to give Carter his first real food!  We decided to try apples since that was Leah's first food and she loved it. Well.....it didn't go as well with Carter....
He grabbed the spoon and put it in his mouth himself.
"Mommy this tastes funny......"

"I don't think I want another bite Daddy......."
"GAG" Followed by tears.....
Look at that pitiful face!! He did not have a good time. So different than Leah. She loved food from the first time she tried it! Well, maybe he just didn't like the applesauce, or maybe he just wasn't ready. We will try something else in a few weeks.

I cannot believe he is a half a year already! Where is the time going!??  He is getting cuter and more fun by the day!!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you Kristin! Making it to 6 months with EBF is great. Drew had to have some formula in the very beginning and I'm hoping we don't have to with the next one someday. Love his pouty face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Kristin! I don't know that much about kids, but I know that is a big accomplishment so good for you! And seriously, I feel like just two weeks ago I was reading about you awaiting his arrival, time does fly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww he'll come around on the food...Conley didn't like his first bites too much either. He just turned 6 months too on breast milk...so glad you have had such a great experience this time! Our boys are close in size C was 17 lbs, 3 oz. Happy 6 months little guy!

    ReplyDelete