Mar 13, 2013

House Projects

Since we have been spending so much time at home, I have started being annoyed by a few things in our house! The wall in the living room was painted a reddish brown color when we moved in. At the time it was fall and went with our fall season decor. But now a year and a half later it was driving me nuts. It was too dark, especially during the winter when it is dark outside too. So last weekend my hubby painted the wall the new color I picked out.......
Ugly wall before.....

Daddy won't let me paint with the BIG brush by myself!

Yay helping with the little brush is fun too!
And.........our new living room!!!  I love it so much! So light and bright! I also got new pillows for the couch. Now I just need to decide what to put on the wall to the right of the tv......A photo wall, a shelf for decorations, some sort of wall art??? 

Another thing that has been annoying me since we moved in was our oven.  Back at our condo we had a flat top oven which is so nice as far as cleaning and looking nicer.  The oven here was older and black with the coil burners. I could not keep them clean looking! And also our fridge and microwave were stainless steel so it never really matched!  So last week we had this new baby delivered.....
I love it! So much nicer, especially since I have been trying to cook more :-)

I also recently got a new down comforter which we have been wanting for years!
And in the bedroom I also took down some dark blue curtains that the previous owner had left and they went with our old bedding so I left them up.

Making those little changes really made a difference in brightening up my house for spring!!

6 comments:

  1. Love all the changes and I think we have the EXACT same oven/stove!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your white furniture looks great with the light blue accent wall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new color! Really brightens up the room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wall looks great! I would do a shelf to balance things out

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes the new color does brighten up the room! Love when projects are completed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your loungeroom, it is so cozy in there! It feels good to make small changes :)

    ReplyDelete