Mar 21, 2013

Almost made it.....

Well, it happened. Leah got the flu for the first time. :-(  We almost made it through another whole flu season without getting sick at all. On Monday after dance class I could tell Leah was probably coming down with something since she wasn't acting quite right. Then Tuesday morning she woke up with a cold but still nothing terrible.
At one point she went to her little table to color and I got excited that meant she was feeling better, but nope it lasted about 10 minutes before she went back to the couch.
When she woke up on Wednesday though, she had a high fever, chills, lethargic, tummy ache, no appetite, etc. This is the most sick she has ever been and it breaks my heart to see her like this.
We have watched pretty much every kid movie and show that we have. My coffee table is laid out with a bunch of different snacks in hopes that something with look good to Leah and she will eat. She even turned down ice cream. That's never a good sign.  The only thing she wants is cold water so at least I know she isn't getting dehydrated. I have no idea where she picked up this bug. I tried so hard to keep my family healthy and am so disappointed that this happened, like it is my fault or something....It's weird because I was looking back through blog posts and was reminded that last year in March she got sick too!
Today she is a little better but still not eating hardly anything. She will take a bite of something and then say "Yuck" and stop eating. Sigh.....but at least I got her to smile!
Well I hope she fights it off soon and that Carter and I continue to avoid it. My hands are literally cracked and bleeding from washing them so much. Trying to keep Carter away from where Leah is has been hard too and a few times they have both been screaming for me at the same time. So hard!  Hoping my next post is to say we are all healthy and happy again!!

6 comments:

  1. POOR GIRL!!!! You can see in that last picture that she's trying so hard to be happy and smiley! Poor thing. Hope she's all better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. Poor thing. :( We had the horrible stomach flu over Christmas and it was heartbreaking seeing my kids so sick and not being able to do anything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! Poor sweetie. I hope she's feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not your fault! All babies need to get sick so their bodies learn to fight it (at least that's what my mom tells me and it makes me feel better). Hope she bounces back soon, poor thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww poor thing! Hope she's 100 percent soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor thing!!! You know I was totally healthy this whole winter too and then about a month ago something hit me and I was out. I hope that quickly after this post she got much better!

    ReplyDelete