Mar 16, 2013

Carter - 7 Months

This has been a big month for Carter! He seems like he is growing and looking older every day!  Just a few days ago, his first tooth popped up! He had one night of fussing a little more than usual and then the next morning I noticed the tooth! I really hope he has as easy of a time with teething as Leah did. She showed minimal discomfort throughout the process which was so nice!
Carter still isn't that into eating solid foods. So far he has tried apples, banana, avocado, pear and carrot.  He liked carrot so far the best.  Not sure if he actually liked it the best or he is getting used to new textures. But he actually opened his mouth for the spoon and ate several bites - no gagging! Yay! And he is still exclusively breastfed.

Wrong end of the spoon bud :)
I gave Carter a big piece of really ripe pear to chew on!
First taste....doesn't look like he liked it but he kept putting it in his mouth!
Love that face!
Last night he slept 9 hours in a row for the first time. But most of the time he still wakes up usually once around 4am and sleeps until around 8 unless sister wakes him up earlier.
He is bigger and stronger and wanting to crawl so bad! He will push way up while on his tummy and then kick his legs and put his arms out like Superman trying to propel himself forward. Not too much longer until he figures it out I think! He is also starting to hold onto my arm when I hold him. And he gives the wettest slobbery kisses on my cheek :-)
He is sitting up sturdy now and doesn't topple over very much. It is nice being able to set him down so that he is can play with his toys and look around. I can't put him in the bouncy chair anymore unless he is super tired and will just lay back. And even then I have to make sure his straps are on tight!

Still such a smiley and happy baby. As long as I am nearby or holding him, he is very content for the most part. He is sooooo obsessed with his big sister!  He LOVES watching her play. If she starts laughing or tickling him he will start laughing too. It is my favorite thing EVER to watch the two of them interact!!! 

5 comments:

  1. Awww I can't believe our boys are 7 months! I still need to take C's photos but b/c he's sick I haven't. We still have no teeth! Happy 7 months Carter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is absolutely adorable Kristin!!! They grow up too fast don't they? Happy 7 months Carter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww - you are making me so excited to give Tay a sibling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That 4th picture down of his first taste is hilarious! His expressions is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, what a cutie! That is so sweet that he loves his big sis so much!

    ReplyDelete