Jun 7, 2012

Bad Blogger

My mom called this morning and asked me why I haven't done any blog posts lately. I keep thinking about it, but just haven't gotten around to it, not sure why. We haven't done anything too exciting to post about and also when I get some free time all I want to do is lie down with a heating pad on my back! I am a little past 32 weeks now and getting excited for my baby boy to be here! But also anxious about how much things will change!
I have been trying to clear out/organize/decorate the baby's room. Dustin painted the walls a bright blue in that room when we moved in and I like the color but trying to match bedding, etc. has been a challenge. I decided on a stars/moon theme for his room but have had a hard time finding a bedding set that I like. So I decided on just a light blue bumper that coordinates with the wall. Then I will do blue/white/yellow star themed accessories.
This is all I have so far. I will wait until after my baby shower before I buy more
It has been raining a lot these last few weeks which has made our days long and somewhat boring since we can't get outside (and it makes Dustin's commute worse, he doesn't ride his motorcycle in the rain so he has been getting home late :( ). So we have had a few playdates, gone to the mall, and the library. This was the first time we have gone to the library that is only 5 minutes from our house! They have a huge children's section and they do story time every week. We will have to go back for that soon.

A few pics from the playdate we hosted last week. Two of the ladies from my mommy group had their babies last month! So very soon the number of kids in playgroup will be doubled!!
Leah and Emmy
Crazy ball pit hair!
Sheri with baby Greyson!
Melissa's new baby Lyla!
Today we have just been hanging around at home. Leah has had a little cold for the last week and I think she is still getting over it so we are just playing in our pjs today.
She LOVES the new little dress up high heels we got her.
Snack time :)

Earlier I was going through the closet in the baby's room trying to get it organized and I came across some old pictures. This is so funny. It was one of me and Dustin's first dates. The Homecoming Dance in October 1997.  We were babies!

  :-)

3 comments:

  1. That homecoming picture of you guys is amazing!! I love that you two have been together that long! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like my desire to blog and others desire to read my blog is decreasing significantly.

    You and Dustin have been together for SOOO long! I bet you'll have some romantic stories for your little ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, that's such a cute picture of you and Dustin. Very sweet.

    I think your nursery sounds adorable. Can't wait to see pics of the finished room!

    ReplyDelete