Jun 19, 2012

The Rest of the Weekend

Friday was really nice weather. I knew my baby shower was the next day so I planned to sit outside during Leah's nap and get a little color.  Well OOPS I got probably the worst sunburn on my legs EVER. Still sore today. My arms got it pretty bad too but my legs were the worst. I didn't feel like I was getting burned at the time since it was only mid 70s with a nice breeze. Ugh, lesson learned!
Love the new fountain in our backyard from my mom, so relaxing!
 I finally hopped on the Fifty Shades of Grey bandwagon. I am only about a hundred pages in, but I am not sure I am fan yet.....Seems so creepy to me.....Maybe I will get hooked the more I read?? I am scared to continue with things that I have heard!

We met Allison and her girls Friday morning for a walk for the mommies and then playground stop after for the kids. Leah is still battling her fear of slides. I was excited that with her friend Maddie's encouragement she finally went down by herself, yay!
Madeline and Leah
Weeeeee!
Sunday was Father's Day and my sweet husband told me to keep my regular massage appt and he dropped me off for it and then took Leah to the park!  After my massage we went to get Dustin's favorite - donuts & coffee for a late morning snack.  That afternoon we had our dads over for a bbq. The weather didn't cooperate but that was ok. I am upset with myself for not getting a picture of Dustin and Leah together!!
Another awesome thing that I want to share - Leah has started going in her potty!!! Well, technically just 2 times on her own. The first was last week and the second was today.  Both times were when we were getting ready to take a shower or bath and I was letting her run around without her diaper. Both times she just went to her potty on her own, sat down, and peed!  And then came to show me!  So exciting!! So she definitely gets what to do, and obviously can tell when she needs to go.  I think the secret is that she has no diaper on. When she is all dressed with a diaper she doesn't want to take a break from playing or whatever we are doing and have me help her undress, etc. So maybe in a few weeks or so we will do a few days of just no diaper at all while we are home and see what happens!  She was so proud of herself though and got 2 m&ms :-)

8 comments:

  1. We read that one for book club last month. I wasn't in love with it like everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful weekend. I, too, read 50 shades and was quite uncomfortable with many of the "scenes". That being said, I'm reading the second book now. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Leah! Such a big girl. I hope that lasts and she continues to go to the potty. I haven't read that book but it's kinda annoying how everyone talks about how great it is. My sister read it and from what she told me it doesn't sound like my cup of tea and I'm definitely no prude. It just sounds dumb. That being said I'm not bashing anyone for liking it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome she is going potty! Do you have a little potty or does she do it on the regular one? I'm not sure Nolan is ready but I'm trying to figure out the best way...I thought I wouldn't get a little one but now I think I will have to. Glad you guys had a great Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay for the start of potty training! And I didnt like 50 shades. I read the first one, but that was it. It was a little too much for my taste!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is great for Leah! And I'm sure that will make things a lot easier for you when baby boy comes along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish we could trade weather, at least for a couple of days. It gets so stinkin' hot here. This weekend is suppose to be damn near 100 degrees! Yuck. Glad you guys are having a good time anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reading these comments makes me feel better about my distaste of 50 Shades of disgusting lol
    That is awesome Leah is going to the potty, what a big girl!

    ReplyDelete