May 10, 2012

Aquarium

On Wednesday we took Josh, Heather, Hudson and my M-I-L to the Seattle Aquarium. I hadn't been since I was a kid so it was neat for me to see it again! I think Leah was a little young to like it though.....she just wanted to run around and didn't really care that much about looking at anything. She was kind of a handful and of course refused to sit in a stroller so that was interesting. :-)  At least we were all together so I had lots of eyes on her.  

Nana was trying to get Leah to touch a starfish but she had NO interest.

Looks like she was thinking about reaching in but nope!
Pretty tropical fish!

Leah and Hudson riding a whale :-)


Inside the underwater dome.
Leah's favorite thing was a little wave that would splash up every 30 seconds or so. She could've stayed there all day!
Leah's souvenir from the aquarium. She already has the Good Night Seattle and Good Night Washington DC books so she got to add to her collection!
We went to lunch at Ivar's after which is a popular Seattle seafood place.  Then we walked around the waterfront and went to some stores including the popular Curiosity Shop.  It was a long day and the kids didn't get naps but made it until an early bedtime without any major meltdowns which was good. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful time. I love that she has a collection of books from place you guys visit. If you ever come back to DC, holla at me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last year on a random weekend Nick and I went to the aquarium and had so much fun! We went during Octopus Week!

    ReplyDelete