Apr 30, 2012

Weekend, etc.

We had a pretty productive weekend! The weather wasn't as nice as we thought but no rain so that was good. 

Saturday we went to see my mother in law at her booth at a local farmer's market.  She makes cute beaded watches, jewelry hangers and some other little things. 
The farmer's market is every weekend through the summer and sometimes they have pony rides set up. We told Leah about it and she said she wanted to go for a ride and acted really excited about it. When we got there she watched for a little bit and then kept saying "Ride it, ride pony!" So we paid and Dustin took her over and she wanted NOTHING to do with getting on one.  Oh well, maybe in a few months. :-)
 She found some other little kids and was having lots of fun running around with them.

After that it was a trip to Costco / lunch and then home. 

Dustin and I also got the opportunity to go see Titanic in 3D.  
 *Cheesy Story Alert!!*  Titanic came out in 1997 which was the year Dustin and I met and started dating. We were 16. I think we went to see it a few times in the theater. It was "our movie". Dustin got me the soundtrack for Christmas that year and we would listen to it all the time and have deep conversations about life and death and how we were soul mates. :-)  We were so intense, ha!  So anyway we were excited to go see it re-released 15 years later and it's just neat to look back on how much we have gone through since then. Now to be married with a daughter and a son on the way.  Our own true love story. :-)

On Sunday we got some work in our yard done.  Planted a few trees and some tomato plants!  It was our housewarming gift from my Dad.  I want to put in some strawberry plants too! 


Also I keep meaning to do a post with some new things Leah is doing/saying mostly for our memory. I keep adding to the list but I will just post them now :-)

Leah is now 2 year and 3 months old.  She is hilarious and silly. Still a daredevil who will climb up on anything, yet is still afraid of slides sometimes. :-)

Some new things that she has started doing over the last few months -

*She is so observant of everything around her and tells us what she sees and what is going on.
*Lately she is really into telling us what she loves.  "I really love ----- !" It can be anything from Elmo to pineapple to playing, etc.
*She has started asking us what everything is!  "What's this called Mommy?" is something I hear all day!  She points to things in books mostly or just other random stuff.  She LOVES to learn and ask questions! She will say - "Where do ducks live?" "What do piggies eat?" Etc. 
*She can sing the entire alphabet song! She still loves singing and dancing.
*She can spell her name. And she says it really cute - "L - E - A - H spells LEAH!"
*She watches shows like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or Dora and will answer the questions that they ask on the show, even if it's an episode that she has never seen before.
*She knows the names of all of her books and will pick what she wants to read every night
*She is doing great in her big girl bed. The transition overall went a lot smoother than I thought. Sometimes it is still a struggle to get her to stay in bed if she doesn't want to go to sleep. For example today she played in her room for almost 2 hours before falling asleep on the floor! Silly girl. But most of the time she falls asleep in her bed and stays asleep all night long.
*Her vocabulary is incredible and she uses words that we haven't even taught her.  Every day she gets a little better at putting complete sentences together.
*I just love some of the things that she says. Today I was vacuuming and when I was done she said "All done vacuuming! Good job Mommy!"  haha!  And sometimes she will come up to me and give me a hug and say "I love you Mommy!"  Melts my heart!

7 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun weekend! And that isn't cheesey, it's sweet, and such a good memory for you both :)
    I love that pic of Leah not wanting to go on the pony :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, you guys met in '97? Wow, that's insane. That is by far the absolute sweetest love story I've ever heard. Incredible that you've been together so long at such a young age!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I *love* that Titantic was your movie. So cute. And C is the same way with all the questions. His new things is to ask "what's your favorite...food, color, animal ect". I love watching him learn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't care how cheesy you think that sounds, high school sweethearts are adorable!!!

    Andy & I met in 2008. We moved fast, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My guys isn't big on horses yet either. He will get on one, but he is thrilled to get off of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a smart little girl! Looks like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Titanic story! So cute!!! (huge Titanic fan here too!)

    ReplyDelete