Sep 20, 2012

Carter - One month!

Well actually he is now 5 weeks old! I feel like I can't believe he is already that old, but on the other hand it seems like he has been with us forever! 

He is still a pretty mellow baby.  Loves to be held. Only really cries when he is hungry, bored, or super tired.  It is hard for me to hold him as much as I would want when I am home alone with both kids. Leah needs a lot of attention right now, but Carter gets bored after being in his bouncy seat for even short periods of time, so that makes it hard. He is starting to give us big smiles and coos which is SO CUTE! I could stare at him all day long.  I don't want to jinx anything, but he has been sleeping better the last few nights, giving us one 4 hours stretch which, we will take it! We don't know his exact weight but we think he is around 9lbs. As far as I can tell, nursing is still going really well. He still hasn't had a bottle at all.

Leah is an amazing big sister! She loves Carter so much and is always wanting to hold him. Especially when he is in his bouncy seat and she has easy access to him, she is right there in his face to stare at him and give him kisses. If he cries she will go get one of her stuffed animals or her musical glowworm to put next to him and says "it's ok baby!". She will also help me by going to get diapers and stuff. The other day he was fussing and I asked her why he was crying and she said. "I think he needs his diaper changed", so I checked him and sure enough, she was right!  We have had a hard time this week especially with Leah. She has good days and bad days but the last few have been tough. Especially since we have just been at home with no planned activities or playdates. Leah has been clingy to me and wants me to hold her a lot, especially when I am nursing the baby. And when I tell her I can't hold her right then, she starts crying and throwing a fit and it takes a long time to calm her down. But even though she is acting out and wants more attention, she has never shown any aggression towards Carter. She loves him being here, she just doesn't love that I am holding him all the time.
This is how he naps everyday, all snuggled up in his cozy blanket in the bouncy seat.

Love them! I am one lucky Mommy! :-)

8 comments:

  1. He's here!!!! He is too cute! Oh my gosh, Carter is one of my favorite boy names! So classic, yet modern too. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is just so darling and I'm so glad that Leah has taken to him well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is super cute. What a perfect little family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww he is a cutie! I know exactly how you feel with the toddler being needy...Nolan has started attaching himself to my legs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is SUCH a little cutie - congrats to you guys! And Leah looks like just the perfect big sis! Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kristin! I love that last pic, how sweet :)
    Good to hear all is going well with you guys and wow look at Carter getting bigger! Does he look like his daddy? I bet Leah loves being a big sister to him...have a great week together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY YAY what fun to be a mommy of two precious kiddos that will love and adore you forever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the pictures. So cute!

    ReplyDelete