Apr 10, 2013

Booked it!

Easter weekend weather was absolutely gorgeous. But of course in Seattle spring fashion, that weather disappeared and has been rainy and gray for the most part since and probably will be until mid-July......So what a better time to plan our FIRST VACATION as a family of FOUR!!!!!

For one week next month we are headed -
(google images)



 
We CAN. NOT. WAIT!!!!  Any recommendations of things to do or see in San Diego would be great! I went with my family when I was a teen so don't really remember everything that well. And Dustin went for a business trip back in February and didn't get to do or see much. Except that it was SUNNY the whole time!! 

Of course we are a little nervous about the logistics of traveling on a plane and then staying in a hotel with a baby and a 3 year old. But we LOVE traveling and haven't been on a real vacation in so long!!!  We have flown with Leah twice, once when she was 13 months and then almost 2, both times to TX to visit family. And we also took Leah on 2 local overnight trips as an infant.  She did great on all of those trips. We'll see how Carter does...

Counting down to May!  :-)

6 comments:

  1. So fun! Yeah for Vacations! We went there many many years ago when I was in high school so I don't really have any recommendations for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! So exciting!! We are actually heading down to San Diego/La Jolla this weekend for a wedding so I'll pass along any recs! Last time we went (2006) we did the zoo and loved it! It's huge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They will be so worn out, they will sleep great. Have fun, you know I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. W00T! Have a blast! I've been to San Diego once for work (I was actually working in Mexico and staying in San Diego), but I remember it being beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will have a blast! I love San Diego. I will ask my mom about recs for the kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure you will have so much fun! Sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete