Apr 16, 2013

Carter - 8 Months

Carter Layne is 8 months old! He is starting to develop a funny little personality! He likes to play peek-a-boo and will start doing it himself by pulling his blanket up over his face and pulling it down really fast and smiling. He make this funny growl sound and we joke that he is our demon baby :-)

Carter now has 4 teeth! He hasn't been too fussy and we haven't had to give him tylenol. We have one of those amber teething necklaces for him. Who knows if it is really working, but hopefully it is helping! He is a biter though and doesn't know his own strength......nursing has been exciting lately :-)

He is very vocal and can now say Mama/Dada/Yaya/Baba/Nah-nah. Not sure if he knows that I am Mama yet but it seems like when he wants me or is hungry/tired, he will say Mama.

 First bubble bath together!
He is still exclusively breastfed! He is starting to show a lot more interest in food over the last few weeks. Like, obsessed with watching us eat and grabbing for everything we have. The other day I was eating some crackers and let him take a little nibble and he LOVED it. He ate (in tiny bites) the whole thing! So I bought some of those baby MumMum crackers and he really likes those.  I broke it into tiny pieces tonight and he was having a blast picking them up off the tray and eating them. He is already a pro with his pincer grasp! I think he might be ready for puffs and cheerios!!  He is also liking the purees a bit more and we have tried a few more veggies and fruits.

These two are best friends already!
Carter LOVES those mesh feeder things. Leah never liked them but I decided to get some for Carter to try. I have tried putting cut up strawberries, cantaloupe, and apple in them and he just sucks/chews on it for quite a while! 
Carter is really strong!  He grabs for things and throws toys and grabs our faces, haha! His "kisses" now hurt because of his teeth and he also will grab and pull my hair really hard. Silly guy :-)

He is still not crawling or rolling around yet. He can roll over, he just doesn't do it very often. Which is fine by me. Enjoying these last few months while he is still non-mobile! :-)
Look at his little teethies :)
We got the highchair out of the garage this weekend! He looks like such a big boy in it!
 Now he will feel more included at meal time!
Getting so big!!  We are having more and more fun!

5 comments:

  1. I think our boys are exactly the same right now...can roll over but they don't care to and they aren't crawling yet. No rush right? Happy 8 months Carter! I need to write my post lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.... I can't believe it's already been 8 months!! Love the pics of them in the tub together. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah - the bath pictures are the best. And I swear he is ALWAYS smiling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. he is toooo cute! I love that he plays peekaboo on purpose already. You might have a little trickster like Bennett on your hands!

    ReplyDelete