May 13, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

Happy Mother's Day to all you mommies out there!!! 

We had a great day.  My first Mother's Day with TWO babies! :-)

The day started out with Leah bringing me breakfast and my present -
New running shoes! I am starting to get back into running so I am so excited about these! Gotta love neon pink shoes! :)
Then me and the kids got ready to go to brunch with my mom and bro. Exciting story from the way to brunch....Carter randomly decided to throw up all over himself and the carseat!  First time he has thrown up! And it was A LOT and soaked through all 3 layers of clothes he had on! I have no idea what happened but he seemed fine otherwise so we continued with our plans. Poor little guy had to wear an extra outfit my mom had of Leah's to brunch. :-) Lucky for him he stayed in his carseat and slept while covered up in his blanket so nobody saw him. :-)
Uncle Neil, Leah, Grammy

It was supposed to rain but ended up being a nice day!
Then that evening my mother in law came over for dinner. Dustin grilled steaks for the two of them and I made roasted broccoli, salad, rosemary bread and mashed potatoes. It wasn't my favorite thing to cook dinner on Mother's Day (I would have preferred going out :) but it was fine and we ate outside on our new patio table which was nice.
We still need an umbrella for the table

Love the interactions between these two :) She was handing him a puff.

LOVE

I love Leah's cute little smile in this one :)

Kisses!


Since Leah didn't take a nap, we put both the kids to bed early and ate ice cream while watching Mad Men :-)  Great day!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good day! We deal with carseat vomit more often than I'd like. It is usually after Tay drinks a bunch of milk. Maybe Carter had just had a big nursing session?

    ReplyDelete