Feb 7, 2012

Weekend

I feel like I always do my weekend recap posts on Tuesdays, ha!  This weekend was packed full of fun. On top of all the activities, the weather was beautiful in Seattle! 60 degrees and sunny. Saturday afternoon was Leah's birthday party. In the morning we went to run some last minute errands like pick up the goldfish, cake, etc.  We also took the opportunity to go on a short walk outside before Leah's nap. 

These are just a few random pics of Leah playing the last few days....
Whoever invented 'mess-free' markers is genius!!

Whenever Leah is quiet in the other room I get suspicious but here she was the other night while I was cooking dinner. Just sitting on her trampoline reading like a little angel :)
Sunday morning we went on a long walk to a nearby park.  Leah played for awhile and we just enjoyed the sun!  Then that afternoon we went to our friends Katie and Bryan's house to watch the Superbowl.  (They are our friends that live close to us but just decided to accept a job offer in CA. They will be missed!!)  I could care less about the Superbowl but like getting together with friends and usually enjoy the halftime performance.  The only Superbowl I truly enjoyed was the one I cheered at in 2006, in Detroit, Seahawks vs. Steelers.  Life changing experience!!  Wish I had some pics on this computer of that awesome trip. 

Dustin, Kevin, Bryan

Leah giving Cohen a kiss as he drove her around the house :)

Yesterday Leah had her 2 year doctor appointment.  I was so nervous as to how she would react now that she is SO aware of everything around her.  She did such a great job!  She did everything the dr asked, including opening her mouth and saying "ahhhh" when she needed to look in her mouth.  She even showed her how well she can talk. Which in response the dr told me that Leah is advanced for her age with her speech. *Proud Mommy moment* :-)  She weighs 23.5lbs which is in about the 15th percentile for her age. I told the dr that she eats a lot and often, she must burn it off quickly!  She said keep trying to feed her more calories and keep her on whole milk for now. Whatever, seems like she is doing just fine in my opinion and eats more than her friends her age! Anyway, she had to get one shot and she didn't even cry!  Yay!


Leah picked out a Toy Story sticker after her shot!
After the dr I took Leah to the mall and we had lunch and I got her a hot chocolate which she enjoyed :)

 Today we mostly just hung out at home. There was a crazy & loud windstorm last night that kept waking us all up so we are tired today! 

4 comments:

  1. OMG that picture with Leah and her hot cocoa is adorable! She is such a cutie :) Sounds like you guys had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my - Leah looks so much like you in that last picture. She is sooooooooo sweet!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good girl at the Dr's!! Isn't it nice going out for coffee/hot chocolate with your little one? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh your daughter is too precious. and how sweet she is sitting on her trampoline and just reading, when there is silence i heard it is time to investigate and to find she is reading, how awesome

    ReplyDelete