Feb 13, 2012

Weekend, etc.

This weekend was nice, nothing too exciting, but sometimes low-key weekends are nice and relaxing!  Saturday we didn't do much of anything!  We went on a walk Saturday morning, even though it was really cold and sprinkling.  During Leah's nap I went to Trader Joe's and stocked up on good healthy foods.  I stuck to my Dirty Dozen/Clean 15 list and stayed within my budget. Nice! Being pregnant and not buying wine is making my grocery budget seem a lot higher, haha!  :-) I have found a few new websites and blogs with vegetarian recipes that I can't wait to try! 
One cool product I found -  It is chopped carrots, broccoli, cabbage, celery, green bell pepper, radishes and jicama. Today I mixed it with spinach and sunflower seeds in a salad.  And later this week I am going to saute and serve over quinoa!

On Sunday Dustin thought it would be nice to give me a break since he will be going on a business trip soon.  So Dustin took Leah with him to run errands and go visit his mom.  I felt so weird at first being at home by myself!  It was nice to take my time getting ready in my quiet house. :-)  Then I ran some errands and went to a movie with my brother and sister-in-law.  It was a relaxing day!

This is one of the presents Leah got for her birthday, a princess tent. (Luckily it fold up really small :-)

She likes taking her blankie and books in with her :)
Today I had a quick dr appt, we went to visit Daddy at work, then we went to Toys R Us.  Leah has birthday money so we went to look around.  After Christmas and her birthday, she has enough toys! So we looked for some other things that she could use.
We spent part of the gift card on these things -
Big sidewalk chalk and a travel tray that straps on to the car seat! Leah always likes to look at books in the car but drops them because her lap is too tiny :) This will be great at helping hold up toys/books and she could even color. And it has a built in snack cup!
I hope everyone had a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. My friend's daughter has that princess tent and it was by far her favorite birthday present she received. Glad to see that thing is universally loved! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw those veggies at TJ's and couldn't think of what to use them in. Now I know :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shopped at Whole Foods and regretted so much of it and just wanted to go back to TJ hahah!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm that salad looks good! What a healthy salad.

    ReplyDelete