Feb 20, 2012

Monday Monday

The weekend kind of flew by. We didn't do anything too exciting. Had lunch with my mom and brother on Saturday which was nice.  Then on Sunday Dustin, Leah and I went to the mall.  Leah was acting off and was super fussy, especially when we tried to get her to sit down to eat lunch at a restaurant right next to the carousel. She threw a huge fit and wanted to go on it so badly. We held our ground though and kept telling her we needed to eat lunch first. Finally (after about a 20 minute long tantrum!!), she did and then got to ride the carousel!  It is situations like that where Dustin and I look back later and are proud of ourselves as parents. It would have been SO much easier to just let her ride it to calm her down. But then she would have won and that would have set a bad example for her to expect to get what she wants when she wants it! It was embarrassing to have her kicking and screaming on the floor, but who cares? Other parents understand and everyone else? Eh, not worried about what they think!  :-)  Turns out Leah was coming down with a cold and had a fever when we got home.  Usually something like that explains her bad behavior.  She has a runny nose and cough now and I hope she gets better soon. 
Mid-fit :)
Today my mom and stepdad came over to play with Leah for awhile so that I could get out and run some errands (Thank youuuuuuuu!  ;-). As always it was so nice to just take my time to look around and not be worried that Leah might melt down at any minute! 
One place I went was Kohl's.  They are having one of the 30% off your entire purchase sales, plus I had some "Kohl's Cash" from a previous visit so I only spent $43.01 and saved $126.87!!!  Isn't that nuts!?  (Husband - did you read that??  ;-)  I got some new clothes for Leah, some baby gifts for friends (the majority of my friends are pregnant right now!), a candle, picture frame, bath mat, new wallet and a few other things. Isn't that so cool?  I love that store, although I can never really find any clothes for myself there. 
I saw this cute tank for Leah and had to get it.
After that I went to Fred Meyer to pick up a few grocery items. 
I have been looking for these lately and found them today -
So excited to start using them, I hate the plastic produce bags at the store they are such a waste! These bags are machine washable!

Here are a few more cute pics of Leah from the weekend -
Peek a boo!

Rawwwrrrrr!

This was so cute, she lined up some dolls (mostly Elmos, ha!) and was pretending to change their diapers, including wiping :)
Happy Monday!

1 comment: