Jan 3, 2012

Mom Car

A few days after Christmas Dustin decided to get me this - Honda CR-V


We had an Acura MDX before that was Dustin's car. But that one was getting up there in miles and was about to need a TON of work.  And it was a little too big for me to drive comfortably and get Leah in and out of.  This Honda is the perfect size for me!  A few friends on Facebook harassed us about this...."New house!? New car?! You MUST have won the lottery!"  Well the answer to that is, uh, no. We wish.  The truth is that we both have been working since we were 16 and putting money in savings ever since. I have never been a shopping girl.  I just can't justify spending money frivolously on clothes or other "stuff".  My money has been mostly spent on traveling and our house (and Leah :).  And for the record, I hate spending money on cars too, but this time it was necessary.  We got a good deal on this 2009 with very low miles.

Now Dustin drives my old Honda Civic and wants (eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek) to get a motorcycle in the spring.  Do any of you girls 'let' ;) your hubbies have motorcycles??  The thought makes me soooo nervous. 

8 comments:

  1. CRV's are great mommy-mobiles. Several of my friends have them.

    And no - motorcycles are a big NO-NO in Shannon Land.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't put my foot down much, but I would not stand for a motorcycle at this point in our lives. If our kids were grown (in college) it would be okay. I love your car though. We looked at CRV's at different times too but needed something bigger because of the dogs. We are going to down size vehicles when the lease is up on the Pilot. It's a huge gas guzzler!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats! nope, no motorcycles to dangerous. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW- i think people get a lil jealous with houses and cars. i've had people accuse us of being "rich." no, we're just big savers: no eating out, no cable, no credit cards, not a big shopper, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, lucky you! Our stupid car just crapped out on us. I hate how much money everything is. :/ My husbands dad is huge on Harleys. Thankfully my husband is not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you and your frugality. That does leave you a lot of room for expenses, such as the car. And that's good. Replacing a car once it gets old can be a good move, for efficiency in both function and costs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oohhh, Dustin could never have been sweeter, Kirstin! The red ribbon looks cute on your new Honda CR-V. You might want to leave it there while you are driving. Hehe.


    Vannessa Gabbett

    ReplyDelete