Jan 1, 2012

Happy 2012!

Happy New Year!!  2011 came and went pretty quickly it seems. A lot happened for us.  Leah went from being a little baby to a now almost 2 year old toddler!  And probably the neatest thing of the year was when we bought our first house.  We are still getting used to it here, but I honestly feel like we have been here longer than 3 months. It feels so comfortable and like we are finally home.  I am really excited for this new year and more exciting things that are coming our way. :-)  I just hope that 2012 doesn't end with the end of the world! Yikes! ;-)

This is Leah's fake smile. CHEEEEESE!  And do you think someone likes Elmo? :)
Last night we debated just staying home to celebrate or going out. We invited a few friends with kids over but everyone's plans either changed at the last minute or they were unable to make it.  So we accepted an invite from some new friends of ours, Kacey and Ryan, to come to their party at their beautiful home.  I didn't take very many pics but they had some fun games going like Bunco. I had never played before but it was really fun!
All ready to go out!
Me and my friend Allison
Dustin was in the final 2 for Bunco and had to do a roll out but ended up coming in 2nd, darn it!
 The rest of this weekend we are just going to hang out. Dustin goes back to work Tuesday. It has been great having him home but it will be nice getting back to some sort of normal routine.  My bathrooms are in need of some cleaning attention.....!
Dustin was teaching Leah all about Rock Band earlier.... :-)


Oh yeah and I wanted to share this cute gift that I got from my friend Kim. She put an orange, lemon, cinnamon sticks, cloves, cranberries, and a few sprigs of pine all in a little bag. You cut up the fruit and put in a pot of simmering water on the stove and your whole house smells AMAZING! I had it simmering all morning.  What a great idea!  And it looks so pretty!
We have had a relaxing day so far and I think when Leah wakes up from her nap we are going to go out to dinner at one of the places we got gift certificates for on Christmas!

Happy New Year! :-)

3 comments:

  1. It's been great following your blog in 2011 and I can't wait to hear all about 2012 :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 2012!! I hope you have a fantastic year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! Looks like you guys had fun ringing in the new year. Hope that 2012 brings more amazing things your way!

    ReplyDelete