Jun 5, 2011

Breakfast Smoothie

A few weeks ago I saw an ad for this small, single serving blender. I went out and bought it right away! I love smoothies/shakes, etc. but I hate getting out my huge blender for just one drink and then having to clean it and everything, it was just annoying.
You just blend, then detach the cup and go, it is awesome!

So I needed to come up with a healthy smoothie to put in it! The following recipe is what I have been having every morning!

*1 cup of berries, frozen or fresh (Today I used the very cherry mixed berry blend from Trader Joe's)
*1 heaping tablespoon of ground flaxseed
*1 scoop of whey protein powder
Then add a few ice cubes and a little water until you get it to the consistency you like.
Blend -
All done, and enjoy!

Even though it is just a smoothie, it really fills me up in the morning.  The added protein helps with that and is also essential to have in the morning, otherwise you get hungry again fast. Since it is thick it takes awhile to drink so I feel like I am having a lot.

It feels so good to start the day out with something clean and nutritious instead of all the other typical unhealthy breakfast foods.

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Yummy! The Very Cherry blend from Traders Joes is my favorite too! That is what I always use for my shakes. Delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am adding this to my birthday wish list! This looks so handy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yummers -- I should do something like this since I don't eat breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds a lot like the smoothie I make every morning too! I add a little bit of soy milk and about 3 oz. of Greke yogurt too.

    ReplyDelete