Aug 24, 2011

Quinoa Veggie Stir Fry

I made a yummy and healthy dinner tonight and I thought I would share! 

One of my favorite foods (especially since I don't like to eat much meat) is quinoa. It is a grain that is a complete protein source (meaning it contains an adequate proportion of all nine of the essential amino acids necessary for the dietary needs of humans and other animals).  So anyway, I have been experimenting with different tasty recipes that include it.

I get the organic quinoa from my favorite store - Trader Joe's!
It is super simple to cook, just like rice, and takes 15 minutes.

I decided to take some veggies I had on hand - carrots, zucchini and red pepper.  Stir fried them with olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano, sesame seeds.  




Once the quinoa was done, I splashed in a few tablespoons of herb & garlic marinade just to give it a little more flavor. 


Then to serve, just spoon veggies over quinoa and done. It turned out so tasty! As with all of my "recipes" I just use what I have on hand, with no specific measurements. And there are so many variations!

No comments:

Post a Comment