Aug 11, 2011

Summer Pasta Salad

This pasta salad is the easiest thing ever to make, and there are so many variations! For veggies, this time I used what we always seem to have on hand - tomatoes, cucumber, avocado and olives.  But in the past I have used artichokes, red peppers, different types of olives, zucchini, etc. Just whatever you have or sounds good! You could also use any sort of Italian style dressing. I used the Tuscan Italian Vinaigrette from TJ's.
 Cook the pasta according to directions then rinse with cold water. Chop all the veggies and salt & pepper them.
 Mix and done! Bread crumbs are my new thing that I am throwing in a lot of different dishes. It gives this pasta salad a little added flavor and texture! I also sprinkled in some parmesan cheese and sunflower seeds.
 When I served it, I put a scoop on top of chopped romaine lettuce and drizzled with a little extra balsamic vinegar and bread crumbs.
YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment