Aug 26, 2011

Sick in August?!

This is soooo weird.  Who gets sick in the summer?!  Well apparently Leah and I do.  How embarrassing! I don't even usually get sick that often in the winter!! Yesterday we had a fun day playing at the park and running errands. But I noticed both of us having a light cough and I could see in Leah's eyes that she didn't feel that well.




Last night Leah stayed home with Daddy and I went with my mom to dinner and see the movie The Help. Oh my goodness that movie is good but just so sad in so many ways!  I was going to do a whole blog post on it but now I am just too tired. :(  By the time we got out of the movie my throat was getting really raw feeling. It got worse throughout the night and I felt awful this morning.  Leah seemed fine when she woke up but got progressively worse throughout the morning and had a 103 temp by 10am. So even though I was feeling terrible, my baby comes first and I had to do everything I could to make her comfortable.

We literally laid on the couch together watching tv all day long.  And if you know me, I don't usually let Leah watch hardly any tv at all. 
And one of the worst parts of it is that today was about 85 degrees and beautiful. We had plans to go swimming and then Dustin and I were supposed to go on a date night tonight to go take an Italian cooking class. We'd had it planned since February. I was SO bummed to have to cancel both! 
I really hope we both wake up tomorrow feeling better!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! Poor babies! I'm sorry you and your little one aren't feeling well. That sucks to have to cancel your plans too. Hopefully this will pass and you guys can get on with your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not fun! I hope you guys feel better soon. It happens...we have lots of people with allergies in the summer here in Florida.

    ReplyDelete