Jul 2, 2011

17 Months!

Leah is 17 months old!  Wow!

Leah has started really being interested in helping me around the house. Her favorite things are to hand me the clean dishes out of the dishwasher to put away. And she likes to unroll and roll back up the cord on the vacuum cleaner. She is also very good about cleaning up her toys when asked.

She likes to watch me put on my makeup and loves when I put makeup on her (I don't really, I just touch the blush brush on her cheeks and tap my unopened lip gloss on her lips.).

She has been saying "no" for awhile but it has gone to a whole new level.  She is definitely in the famous toddler "no!" phase. Sometimes she means it in a tantrum ("NO NO NO NOOOOOO!") which is oh so dramatic :), other times she says it just to say it!

She has started being really interested in the potty. She has started squatting down and grabbing her diaper after she goes to tell us! And a couple times she will go into the bathroom and point at the toilet, so I think she is starting to make the connection!  I think she will be an early and easy potty training kid (hopefully!)! I am not at all going to push it though. I think when she turns 18 months we will go buy a little potty for her.

She has started humming and singing which is so cute!  Still dances all the time.

She is talking so much more! She has too many words to even list. She is getting so good at communicating with us, and we know now for sure that she understands most of what we are saying.
She is still in mostly 12 month sized clothes, with a few 18 month things.

This month we are leaving her overnight for the first time (just for one night and close to home) while we celebrate our birthdays! I am nervous, but I know she will be just fine at my mom's house!

We have been working on colors with her, and she shocked us the other day when we asked her what color a crayon was and she say "yeh woh" (yellow)!  Haha! Just shows us how much she is taking it all in and learning things every day! 

She is getting more fun but more challenging sometimes too as she is testing her limits with us and still discovering the world around her!  I am sure that is overwhelming and sometimes frustrating for her as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment