Dec 12, 2011

Reindeer Food

I remember when I was a kid I thought this was so cool!  I have never made it before but Leah and I decided to give it a try this morning.
This is one of those projects where you can really use whatever you want.  Main ingredient - oats.  And then I just used what I already had so I didn't have to go out and buy anything - glitter, red & green sprinkles, confetti.
Not sure what I was thinking letting my one year old have at it with glitter and tiny sprinkles, yikes! My kitchen counter and floor were COVERED and even though I cleaned it up, I have a feeling I will be finding red and green sprinkles around for weeks!   



I wish you could tell from the picture how pretty and glittery it looks! I think next time I will add even MORE glitter! :-)

Then I just bagged it up and put on the cute tags!

All set to go deliver to friends!

5 comments:

  1. We delivered goodies last night. I will post about it sometime this week. But just in the car on the way home my kids were talking about the reindeer food we have from last year that we got as neighbor's gifts and we never used. Can't wait to do so! Great job Kristin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! You are so clever :) I'm sure everyone will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an extremely cute idea!! I love it :)
    And yes, glitter and sprinkles are good for that, it'll be around for a long time lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's cute! What an awesome idea. Need that on my list for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a great idea! can't wait to do stuff like this with my little girl. :)

    ReplyDelete