Dec 3, 2011

Tree Farm

We have been going back and forth on getting a real tree or fake.  At our condo we had a fake 4ft tree that sat on top of a table. But now we have the space for a full sized tree!  Fake trees seem so much easier and it lasts for years and years, with no possible threat of bug infestation (eeek!), easy set up, no maintenance, etc. But getting a real tree is just more festive, GREAT smell, and a fun tradition.  All that said, we decided to get a real tree this year and hope it works out well!

We went to the same small farm five minutes from our house where we got our pumpkins for Halloween.  

There was the cutest little kitten playing around the trees and barn.


How about this one?



Follow Dada!

Yay we picked out a great tree! And HAD to get a fresh wreath too!! :)
This was really fun and I see why a lot of families have picking out a tree as a tradition!

I am realizing now that I don't have very many big ornaments, uh oh! Can't wait to get it set up and decorated tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. I agree it's more festive and it's definitely fun picking out as a family! The only downside is all those damn pine needles that fall off. The great smell makes up for it though. :) Can't wait to see it all decorated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never.ever.ever had a real tree, and I want one ... one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always had a fake tree growing up and was against it until the husband convinced me to give it a try. Now I love having a real tree - even though it is more of a hassle!

    ReplyDelete