Dec 8, 2011

Randoms

The last few days have been pretty mellow.  A few of our plans got cancelled so Leah and I just hung around at home and ran errands. 

Leah has been obsessed with doing projects ever since we made ornaments with our friends a few weeks ago.
She asks to do "paint" or "chalk" .  I found this cute paint set in the dollar section at Target. Fun project for just a dollar!
Obviously Leah didn't paint by the numbers :-) but she had fun with it anyway.



She threw a fit when she was a mess and I finally took the paints and brush away! 

Then we made yummy rice krispie treats! I tried to make them red with green sprinkles but they ended up looking kind of pink.
And then when they were cooling I stuck them in the oven (turned off!) so that our cats wouldn't get into them. Then later in the evening I was preheating the oven for dinner and OOPS I forgot to take the treats out first and they were hot and melted. But in the end they were still tasty :-)

I decided our banister needed some decorating. I thought about garland but went with simple red bows.

Leah has been pretty good about not messing with the tree. But she likes to take the ornaments down and play with them like they are toys.  Luckily she is pretty gentle with them.  Today she took down the angel and said "Hi Angel" and gave it a kiss. It was so cute.

Also, has anyone seen this app for kids??
It is awesome. Leah loves playing with my phone. This makes her feel like she is playing with a real phone but all the buttons have learning games, like colors, numbers, animals, etc. There is one that sounds like a little kid saying "Hello" and it was cracking Leah up!


Hope everyone is having a good week :-)

2 comments:

  1. she looks so sweet in her santa jammies. and hanging out at home can be pretty awesome too!

    ReplyDelete