Dec 29, 2011

Christmas Eve

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!!

We had so much fun with Leah this year. She really got into it and was so excited ripping open presents.

Christmas Eve we hosted at our house.  And this year we had my dad, his wife, my brother, his wife, my grandpa, and Dustin's mom.  Luckily everyone brought something to add to dinner so that I didn't have to prepare a whole meal by myself. :-)  My family has a tradition of having our homemade mac&cheese on Christmas Eve, and Dustin and his mom have a tradition to have crab, so we combined the two. It was kind of random, but I made a few appetizers and desserts (plus drinks of course!) and it was a good meal!  My favorite holiday drink is sparkling poinsettias, which is champagne and cranberry juice, garnished with fresh cranberries. Yum!



We were actually able to get Leah to bed at her normal time that night which was great.  So after our guests left, "Santa" got to work assembling and arranging all the gifts for Miss Leah! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment