Nov 9, 2011

Easy Peasy Chicken Pot Pies

I saw the best idea ever for making chicken pot pie filling and then pouring over biscuits instead of into a pie crust.  I can't remember which blog this was, so if it was yours, let me know so I can give you credit!  But I decided to make my own filling and in my beloved crock pot of course:-)

Chicken pot pie filling - As with all of my recipes, measurements aren't exact!
*6-8 chicken breast tenderloins
*2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
*1 cup of milk
*A few cups of your choice mixed veggies * I used frozen peas, carrots, green beans, corn *
*Magical ingredient that makes this taste amazing - *rosemary!*
Biscuits * I used the low fat kind and they tasted just as good to me! *
Salt & Pepper

Spray crock pot with cooking spray for easier clean up!!
Place chicken and veggies into pot
Whisk together soup and milk and add rosemary, salt, pepper
Pour mixture over chicken and veggies
Cook on low for ~8 hours. Mine turned out the perfect consistency but add milk to thin out, or corn starch to thicken.
Take chicken out, cut into small pieces, then mix back in.
 Bake biscuits according to directions.

 Then split a biscuit and ladle filling over top!


Then get approval from your family -
YUM, YUM, YUM

2 comments:

  1. I think I posted it :) Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy. Like the biscuits and gravy version here. :)

    ReplyDelete