Nov 10, 2011

Pictures from the Science Center

First a big thanks to Marjorie over at the blog of mj for the chicken pot pie idea! Check out her blog! :-)

The other day we went to the Science Center with Statia and Dallas. My mom took me and my brother all the time when we were little. It's been years since I've been there so it was fun to take Leah and see the place again!  It is right next door to the Space Needle.

They have a huge toddler play area which is where we hung out most of the time.







Leah loved the water play area, but did NOT love the waterproof apron that she had to wear and kept trying to take it off  :-)


Then we headed over to the dinosaur exhibit which made Leah very uncomfortable. She is so independent and normally just runs around on her own. In the dinosaur exhibit, she turned to me looking scared and said, "Mama, up!" and then put her head on my shoulder. Awww I treasure those moments now that she is on the move so much and doesn't usually like being held! 
Pretty scary!
Lastly it was on to the butterfly house, which is so neat!  Tons of colorful butterflies just fly around everywhere and sometimes land on you!
Hi little butterfly!
It was a really fun day!
That last picture is cute. My brother got married at the top of the Space Needle last year, and we have books for Leah that show the Space Needle so we talk about how Uncle got married there. So in this pic she was pointing to it saying "Uncle!".

4 comments:

  1. Leah looks like she had a blast!

    There is a science center in Toronto that I remember loving as a kid. I'll have to take Taylor up there when she's a bit older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How FUN!!! We have a children's museum here equipped with a science center, the kids always enjoy that part the most :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like Leah loved it! And I'm making the chicken enchilada soup again tonight! It's so yummy!

    ReplyDelete