Nov 13, 2011

Party & Toy Story Weekend

Hello, hope everyone is having a great weekend!  It is getting even more chilly and blustery here in Seattle.  All of the beautiful leaves will soon be gone! And then I hope it snows a lot this year :) 

Saturday we had our housewarming party. I think everyone had fun. I am bummed I didn't take more pics. I didn't even think of it until most of the guests left and it mellowed out a bit.  Everyone seemed to come all at the same time! I never really hosted any parties at the condo since it was so small. But I LOVE having people over!  Our guests were so generous with gifts and they know us so well - we have a full wine rack now! Woohoo! :)

Appetizer table
Drinks. I went to Costco and got a few of those huge Cooks sparkling wine bottles, white wine, soda, and I made my mulled cider and had spiced rum on the side for an adult version :)

Leah got a lot of gifts from our guests too including this ladybug pillow pet

My good friend Maia

A few of my fellow mommy friends with their little ones, Sheri & Ashlyn and Katie & Cohen
Overall a great party!

Today we took Leah to Disney on Ice, Toy Story 3. My cousin got free tickets from someone at work and passed them along to us!  I wouldn't have ever thought to bring Leah to something where she needs to sit down for a few hours straight but decided to take the tickets anyway. Leah absolutely LOVED it and actually sat still in our laps throughout the ENTIRE show!!! We couldn't believe it!  It was such a fun family outing for the three of us that we will be talking about for a long time.

Before the show even started she was scared by the announcers voice saying that the show was about to start. But once Mickey skated out all fears were gone :)

It was so cool seeing all the characters in the big costumes!

Clapping along to "You've Got a Friend in Me"

Look!


Hanging out at intermission

I was so glad they had the original Disney characters come out at the beginning and end.

Toward the end of the show Leah got sleepy and laid down but still kept watching
Fun and memorable weekend. Now just one more week of our regular schedule before we are off to Texas for Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great house warming party! Looks like Leah enjoyed the show and is sounds like so much fun! Glad you guys had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally smiled at seeing Leah's reaction to the Disney On Ice show. Those shows seem to be a toddler's best entertainment. Noted.

    Oh, and spiced rum? Yes please!

    ReplyDelete