Nov 27, 2011

We're home and now it's Christmas season! Yay!

We are back from a week in Texas! It was a mellow trip, mostly hanging out with family. I will have a post with pics coming soon.  Here is one from my phone. It was in the 70s a few days and we were in shortsleeves and drinking iced coffee! In Seattle that is unheard of for late November! The sun felt great.
We tried to get Leah in this pic but she kept running off :)
Leah got a little cold while we were there but it only lasted a few days and wasn't too bad.  But the last day of our trip Dustin and I both started feeling yucky and now have had colds all weekend. Ugh! So even though I had a lot to do this weekend, we spent most of it lounging around the house. 
Today during Leah's nap I drove the 40 minutes to my favorite store, Trader Joe's, to stock up my empty kitchen. I WISH they would put one closer to us!

And Dustin put up our Christmas lights outside.

We were hoping to get all our decorations up this weekend and go get a tree, but I guess that will have to wait until next week.  I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

  1. We just barely finished Christmas decorations today. I can't believe after so much going on we got it done. I knew we had to do it, we are expecting a major storm tomorrow so it was now or never. Kind of jealous (in a good way) that you got to wear short sleeves :) Glad to know you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just went nuts at Trader Joes as the new one by my house is .5 miles away!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house looks beautiful! And I'm so jealous of the weather. Its just now starting to cool off here...a little.

    I've never been to a trader joe's. I hear they are great but we don't have them in FL. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lights are so cute! I love seeing how everyone is decorating. I've never done it myself so this is going to be my year. Even though I'm in an apartment (wah). But I'm going to make the best of it! :)

    ReplyDelete