Nov 16, 2011

Bouncy Bounce

This has been a pretty mellow week so far which is nice. We have been catching up on chores and running errands.

I finally got an iPhone! Last person on planet Earth I bet!  Well it is Dustin's old one since he got a new one from work. I seriously could care less about having a iPhone and think they are pretty distracting for everyday life. I don't know how many times I have been hanging out with a friend and they are on that stupid thing constantly! So rude! I am putting it in writing now that I will not be one of those people. I annoy myself as it is now by how much I get on my laptop to check Facebook or whatever! Ok anyway, don't want to get into too long of a rant about my annoyance with too much technology so I will leave it at that. :-) But it will be nice like if I forget my camera or need to look up directions, etc.

This morning we met our friends Corinne and Norah at a bouncy house place. It is a huge warehouse with a bunch of different sized bouncy houses! They also have lots of balls and toys. And the best part, the parents are encouraged to go in them with their kids! I am pretty sure I had just as much fun as Leah!!
This only shows half of the houses!  Can you spot Leah sprinting over to the slide? :)
Leah and Norah

Haha there is Leah going down by herself on her tummy!

She loved to lay down and be bounced
Haha look at her ponytail! You can tell she is mid-bounce!

Tunnel!



She saw another kid get a drink and went to go check it out. Don't worry I didn't let her put her mouth on it, yuck!
I will definitely be taking Leah here again. I wish they had places like this when I was a kid! But that is one of the best thing about being a parent, you get to re-live your childhood!! :-)

After that we went to Target, which always gives me anxiety now when I am with Leah. She squirms and fusses and just wants to run around. But today I got smart and found a solution -
POPCORN! :-)

4 comments:

  1. I am TOTALLY with you on the technology/iPhone thing. I resisted the iPhone until just a few months ago when my old phone totally died on me. I do use my phone too much and I annoy myself. But I agree with you on all counts about technology. It can be wonderful but it can also be so draining and such a distraction from real life. I too have sat at dinner with a friend when they were looking down at their phone constantly ... and this was a dear friend who loves God and I know loves me. But she too was sucked into the phone distraction. Ugh. Life is too precious to waste it away on technology and things that don't last. Anyway ... my real question is where is this bouncy house place? Emma LOVES LOVES LOVES (like her favorite thing EVER) going to Charlie's Safari with her cousin down in Olympia (which I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend, it is AWESOME) but we haven't found a really great bouncy place up here. Where's the one you went to? Does it have a website?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree about people being obsessed with their phones. I never wanted to get a smart phone but find it useful to have internet access on the go. I never am rude about it though and always make eye contact with people when they talk to me.

    And that picture of Leah's ponytail sticking straight up is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pontytail pic and the one of her lying down whilst you bounce!! She is absolutely adorable :) Looks like Leah had so much fun!
    And I don't have an Iphone, so you're not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to go down that slide and I'm 31 years old!

    Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete