Nov 17, 2011

Mommy Swap

My friend Allison and I started a new routine about a month ago. We switch off every week taking eachother's little girl for a few hours one morning. This has been such a great thing as every mother knows how important it is to take breaks from your little ones every now and then. And also get them comfortable being away from you in a new environment! As I have mentioned before, it is hard getting any serious shopping done with Leah these days. So I usually spend my "free" time running errands. Getting a coffee and grocery shopping alone feels like a vacation, ha!  Hopefully one of these days I can go do something entirely for me (like use the pedicure gift certificate that I got for my birthday in July!!!). But anyway this arrangement has been awesome and I encourage all stay at home moms to try something like this with someone you trust!

Today was my day to have Madeline over and here are some pics of these two cuties -
Boo!

Leah was giving Maddie loves :)

They play so well together

Having friends over is so much fun!

Making silly faces through the french doors :)

Snack time

Let's go for a walk. Come on Leah let me help you down the steps :)

I swear people driving by probably thought I had twins, ha!

Walking in the rocks is much more fun than on the sidewalk
Woohoo the playground!

Race you to the top :)

Yay!

Looks like it might snow here in Seattle in the next few days! Bring it on I love the snow! 

4 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea! And yeah, they totally look like adorable twins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea! Glad you and Leah have good friends you can do this with :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both so so cute!! I love how one is helping the other down the step :)
    Cute pics to cherish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a cool idea! May have to try it with my sisters kids. :)

    ReplyDelete