Mar 26, 2012

First Sunny Weekend of the Year

Hooray it was sunny this weekend! Yeah so it was only in the 50s but it was still sunny!  :-)

Friday night we met up with our friends Kim and Chris for dinner and then went to see the Hunger Games movie!  We went to this neat theater that is 21 and over and only plays one movie at a time and is also a bar. So you can get drinks and snacks to take in and they will also bring you more drinks during the movie if you order them beforehand.  Anyway, I liked the movie! I think movies are never as good as the book, but this one stayed pretty true to the book.  I was entertained and am definitely excited to see what they will do for the second two books.

Saturday we woke up and decided to go to the zoo.  I am glad we got there nice and early because since it was the first sunny Saturday of the spring, it got packed after a few hours!







Then yesterday after Leah's nap we walked to the playground and played in the backyard while Daddy made us dinner.
On Sunday, even though I was tired from Leah's big girl bed adventure, I got out for some Mommy time.  I went to breakfast with my cousin Sarah, went for a wonderful pedicure, and then went to the grocery store for a few things.  The clouds are already rolling in, but at least we got a few days of sunshine. The weather just need to go up about 20-30 degrees and it will be perfect! :-)

4 comments:

  1. I love how kids get food all over their faces, it is so cute at this age! The zoo looks like it was a big hit for Leah, I can't wait to take Liam!! Great pics of the two of you :)
    Sounds like you had great weather, Spring has sprung!
    Have a great week Kristin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving all my fav bloggers' zoo pictures. It's giving me zoo fever like whoa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous you've seen the movie...I've got to go see it! And I'm glad you got to go to the zoo. It's so nice to get out and enjoy the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm officially a follower and we enjoyed our zoo this weekend too! I just love when the weather changes to nice. :)

    ReplyDelete