Mar 7, 2012

Just a Wednesday

Leah has started waking up early and I don't know why.  She usually sleeps until 8-8:30 but in the last week or so she has been waking up around 6:45-7ish.  TOO EARLY for me!!!!  So today we were up, dressed & ready and had eaten breakfast by 8am.  Our plans with friends fell through but I needed to get out of the house or it was going to be a looooong day. 

So, we didn't do anything too exciting.  Post office, then the eye doctor to order some new contacts for me, then a trip to Costco.  I am still exploring our new area a bit so we ended up taking a drive through the country to get to Costco.  In that 20 minute drive we saw pigs, cows, horses, alpacas and chickens!  It was really neat and Leah loved seeing them. 
Little goofball at Costco
Leah did pretty good while I was running errands.  I don't think she is going to be a shopping girl (neither am I). She just doesn't have the patience.  It makes it hard though to take care of errands, etc. I do my big grocery shopping trips on the weekends now while Dustin is home with Leah. 

When we got home around lunchtime Leah was really tired and asking to take a nap. She rarely does that.  I got her to eat a little lunch and then put her to bed.  I was hoping she would take a nice long nap with how tired she seemed.  But nope, she was up after an hour AND was a snotty, sneezing mess. Yep, she caught yet another cold.  UGH.  We are around other kids almost every day so I shouldn't be surprise but it just annoys me when parents bring their kids out to do things when they are obviously sick.  :-(  Hopefully this little cold will be short lived. 

OK time for -
7. Something you wore

So I really considered showing my whole outfit today, but I chickened out :-)  I have been sporting A LOT of yoga pants lately so am not feeling all that fashionable.  So, I give you this picture of my shoes :-)
I love my Toms that Dustin got me for Christmas.  They are seriously so comfortable and look good with any type of pants. I really want another pair for spring......maybe I can hint to Dustin what I want from the Easter bunny :-)  And have you all seen the little baby Toms?!

I was browsing at Nordstrom the other day and I am obsessed with them for Leah but if I spent $40 on shoes that she will only fit into for a few months, Dustin's head would pop off, ha!

4 comments:

  1. Leah is so cute! I love your shoes! And those sparkly Toms are so adorable...I'm so glad I'm having another boy b/c I would be in so much trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Toms are too cute! I wonder if a consignment store would maybe have a pair for less?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leah is such a cutie!! I want/need a pair of Toms so badly! So awesome to find another Washingtonian on here! :)

    www.livingbarefootandcrazy.blogspot.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute shoes but yes I agree, $40 is alot of money for little shoes :(
    I hope Leah feels better real soon!

    ReplyDelete