May 6, 2011

Accomplished Friday!

You know the days when you feel SO accomplished?  That is how I feel today! 
 (BTW, posts with no pictures can be boring in my opinion, so I will put some random ones from the past week throughout this post :)

Leah helping with the laundry and putting her ball in too!
Our day always starts out around 7 or 8 am.  And we usually get up, say bye to Daddy, eat breakfast, play for awhile, Leah has a nap, and then we finally get out of the house or to an activity by around 1 or so.  Even though Leah has transitioned to one nap (most days), she still goes to sleep around 11 or so (later if we have morning plans). So we usually still make most plans for the afternoon.  But I love to get out in the morning!

She is starting to play more with her dolls and toys!
  This morning we started our day with a walk to the store.  While it was nice to get out this early for exercise, the real reason was we were down to the last diaper and needed more asap, ha! I think we left the house around 8:30am, right after breakfast. It was cool and misty, not quite raining, and the perfect temperature for a morning walk.  There is something so peaceful and refreshing about getting out early in the morning. 

Leah LOVES swinging!
 When we got back, I threw together a yummy crock pot meal (which we just ate for dinner and YUM, I will have to actually write this one out into a recipe!).  And then Leah actually went in her jumperoo while I took a shower (this is few and far between these days, usually I have to shower while she naps.......what do you other moms do?)  Then it was pretty much time for Leah's nap.  That is the time when I usually eat my lunch, tidy up, and maybe sit down *gasp* and watch my DVRd Real Housewives!  :)  And also today during her nap I made my S'mores bars (see previous post!).

Trying on Mommy's childhood ballet shoes!
 Leah then woke up from her nap and I fed her a quick lunch before heading to her Gymboree class!  She was in SUCH a good mood for class today.  She usually is and her teachers call her the "demonstrator" because she always is first to run over and try the new activity.  I really love how outgoing and social she is! 

Leah and Daddy last weekend at a new park we found!
 By the time we got home is wasn't even 3pm yet!  Leah was content playing with her toys and running around while I vacuumed, cleaned the bathroom, did a load of laundry, and finished fixing dinner. 

Last weekend playing down by the lake!
 Whew!  Now I can look forward to a relaxing evening with my family! 

TGIF Everyone! :)

1 comment:

  1. Yes - please share your crock pot recpies! I really need to utalize mine more. Hope your Mother's Day was wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete