May 1, 2011

Top Pot 5K Doughnut Dash

This morning I ran in this race with my bro, Neil, and his wife Esther.  It was SO much fun! It was my first time running a 5K in probably 6 years.  I really haven't even been running lately, but I guess I have been doing enough exercising to be in pretty good shape because I was able to run the whole thing! 

About 8 years ago I got really into doing these fun races, and let me tell you, they are addicting! Yeah it is fun to get outside on a nice day and go for a run. But there is something SO energizing about being with hundreds or thousands of people all running for a good cause.

This race was to benefit Childhaven (www.childhaven.org). They are an amazing organization that helps abused and neglected children and their families. I have volunteered for them before and it is such a great cause!! 

I left my camera in the car for the race but here are a few pics-
Neil and Esther -

Me and Neil -

And after the race, hooray we did it!

I am now looking for more fun runs to do this summer and my next goal is a 10K!

No comments:

Post a Comment