Sep 16, 2011

The End of an Era

Now that we officially own our new house and have started packing, I am getting sentimental about our condo. That is SO me! I knew I would get like this!  I get like this every time I go through big change. Or even not so big of change but also when things are ending......like moving out from living with my mom (not until I was 22!), moving on from my high school/college job at a cafe to get a 'real' one, weaning Leah (and also moving her to her own room finally at 10 months old....) etc. So yeah, I hold on to things that mean a lot to me and have been a big part of my life. SO, having lived in this condo for 8 years is one of those things. This is where Dustin and I first lived together. This was our home practically all of our 20's. We grew and matured as a couple and as adults here. We partied with friends here :-) I made it through 3 years of professional NFL cheerleading while living here. This was our home when we got engaged, and then married. This was where we got our very first pets together (and went through a painful loss of our first baby kitten who contracted a fatal disease at birth).  And, most importantly, this is the home where we brought home our precious sweet baby girl Leah Nicole.  I will always remember the many FUN times we had here (and the sad times too). One thing I really think about is the 3 Musketeers (me, Dustin and my bro Neil). When he was still in high school and college I feel like the three of us were always together. I miss that.

I am not gonna lie, I am nervous to move. Even though I am ecstatic about it, I can't help feel anxious.  It will be hard getting used to not only a new house, but the neighborhood and neighbors (I hope they're nice!), new stores, new everything!  At least it is only 20 minutes away, not another state or anything! Then I would really panic! :-)

So anyway, that is just a little of what I have been thinking about this week.  I am really trying to get organized and come up with a schedule for next week since there is so much to do.  Today I went to pick up some empty boxes (thanks Mom!) and I scheduled the carpet cleaning so that is a start.  Even though I have a long list of to-dos, I am going to take the next few days to relax and reminisce about all of my many memories of our first home.

And since no post is complete without pictures :-) here are a few of Leah last night before bed.


4 comments:

  1. Aw! I can understand how you feel. If we moved from our tiny house I would be stoked to have more room but there are so many memories here and many more to come. Just take a TON of pictures of every room. I think it will help when you're missing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always get like this too! You will always look back and have such good memories of it but I'm sure once your in your beautiful new place you won't even think of moving back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, so so glad that you got a house, but I know you are sad too! I'm sure you had a ton of great memories in your condo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw I totally get sentimental moving too! I'm slowing getting caught up on the blogs and excited to hear about the new house!

    ReplyDelete