Sep 18, 2011

Weekend Review

So Saturday morning we did the Autism Walk.  Then Saturday evening we got another chance to go on a date night!  (How amazing are Grandma's as babysitters?!?!?!! :-)  This time we had a double date with my beautiful cousin Sarah and her boyfriend Adam.  We went to Benihana. We used to have a tradition, which started with me and Sarah in the year 2000, to go to Benihana for New Year's Eve. Dustin and I carried on the tradition for like 6 or 7 years I think, going with different friends each year. Anyway, we hadn't been there in several years so it was a fun treat! 
Sake!

My yummy soup and mai tai

Veggies!

Sarah and Adam
Sunday morning we went to see Dustin's mom and his aunts who are visiting from Texas.  It was so great to see them! We had a fun time having lunch and then taking Leah to the playground. 
Playing dress up with Nana's necklaces

Running to the park!

Nana pushing Leah on the swings

Contemplating going down the slide.......

And she did it! Yay!
Then, the most exciting part of the weekend.......was when we went to get our keys and go into our house for the first time as owners!!  We took a bottle of champagne and some Taco Time takeout and had a picnic dinner in our new house!
Cheers!

Picnic dinner of tacos in the kitchen! (Disregard the disgusting orange walls, those will be the first to go! Ick!)

Love this pic of Daddy and Daughter on the stairs. First of many similar pictures I'm sure!
We felt so weird going in at first! Like we were trespassing or something!  But we ate dinner there, and ripped some tacky wallpaper border off of one of the bedroom walls, and started to feel more comfortable! :-)
This week will be super crazy but a week from now we should be all moved into our new house!  Surreal!!

1 comment:

  1. I love hibachi food. My hubby took me to a hibachi restaurant for our first date!

    And I may be 31 year old with a mind of 13 year old, but whenever I see a sake pitcher with two sake glasses next to it, I always think of something naughty. Oh boy....

    ReplyDelete