Sep 22, 2011

Boxes Boxes Everywhere!

This week has been INSANE. We have so much to do in only a week to get our house ready to live in! 
What my kitchen at the condo looks like right now.
The previous owners actually left it pretty clean and in great condition. One thing that needs to be done is painting both bedrooms and the kitchen.  That may sound easy.....but nooooooo.  Both rooms (previously little kid rooms) were painted multiple colors, with painted ceilings & closets, and wall papers borders. OMG taking off wallpaper has got to be the most annoying thing EVER. Took me two whole mornings just getting it down.  And painting ceilings is annoying too. 
Leah helping Daddy pick out paint colors
We have also had bad luck picking paint colors. The color in the kitchen didn't turn out quite right so it needs to be redone.  I know that doesn't necessarily need to be done now but it is easier while the place is empty and curtains and things are taken down. 
Essentials for home improvement projects in an empty house!
We got the carpets cleaned yesterday but the previous owners had a big dog so I am finding hairs everywhere, ewwwww. So gross.  The bathrooms and kitchen were cleaned up pretty well already but I still had to do another sweep through with my lavender scented Method cleaner and my trusty bottle of rubbing alcohol. :-) 
Do you think she likes to climb?
We still have a lot do including put up the baby gates on the stairs, finish painting bedrooms, put together some furniture we bought today, and pack up more stuff!  Moving day is on Saturday!
You can kinda see the lovely grass painted on the wall. There were also clouds painted on the ceilings.
I keep reminding Dustin that not everything needs to be done BEFORE we move in.  It would be nice but we need to slow down a little, we are both exhausted! 
Thankfully we have so many friends and family that are helping us out watching Leah this week!! 

1 comment:

  1. This is my future! Moving is crazy and I'm one of those people who won't sleep until I'm settled. Good luck getting everything in its place!

    ReplyDelete