Sep 11, 2011

HOT Weekend!

The temps were about 90 degrees this weekend!  Hottest of the summer and I loved it.  Maybe since I know summer is almost over, or that it is cooling down pretty well at night, but I am not bothered by the heat at all.  And we haven't even gotten out our portable AC unit from storage! 

Saturday was a pretty mellow morning. Dustin went flying and then to play soccer.  I took care of some chores/shopping while Leah went to play at Grammy's house.  Later in the afternoon we went to a local festival that had bouncy houses, local vendors, food booths, live bands, etc. Leah got to experience her first bouncy house, and to say she loved it is an understatement!!




Pretty girl listening to the music

YUM one of my favorites, chocolate covered strawberries. Obviously Leah loved them too :)

Then on Sunday we went to finally do the activity that Dustin got me a gift certificate for on Valentine's Day! We went to do a ropes challenge course/ziplines.  OMG it was so much fun!  But a lot more physically challenging then I was expecting! And add 90+degrees into the mix and it was a strenuous day! I am sore and sunburned! But it was worth it! :)
Definitely not for those with a fear of heights!

I got the hang of it after awhile


Just hangin' around, haha!

Dustin on the zipline



We were so hot and tired and hungry that these beers were the best tasting thing on Earth! And I am not normally a beer drinker! :)
When we got home we took Leah to our pool to swim for possibly the last time!  It was SO refreshing after a hot day!

Looks like the hot weather is going to start tapering down.  I am bummed but so glad that we got out and enjoyed it as much as we did!

Oh and BTW - ONE WEEK until we get the keys to our NEW HOUSE!!!  :-)

4 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend! Love the pics, especially of the bouncy house.

    Speaking of houses, congrats on your new one! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun weekend! I went ziplining last year for the first time, and it was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm... chocolate covered strawberries. I wish it would cool down and be fall already though! Glad you guys had a good time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool! I would love to take James on that ropes course. Where was that? So fun!

    ReplyDelete