Sep 4, 2011

Labor Day Weekend - Part 1

Leah and I are finally feeling better even though the cold symptoms are lingering, ugh! But we are well enough to go out and do stuff and enjoy this amazing weather we are having! This weekend and coming week are all supposed to be in the upper 80's!  Haha, just when summer is winding down for everywhere else, Seattle decides to have a heat wave!  I say, Bring it on!!

Friday night I went with my friend Kim to one of those Chinese foot massage places. They seem to be popping up around our area so we thought we would give it a try! $25 gets you a one hour foot massage. And by foot, they actually mean mostly foot, but also a whole body massage (over clothes)!!!  It was kind of intense because they do all the pressure points in your feet and it kind of hurt! It was mostly men giving the massages so they were pretty strong! I think if I were to go back again I would try to tell them to be softer! Maybe I am just a wuss!?  But the ambiance and everything else was pretty relaxing!  But my back is still a little sore today!

Saturday we had some people come look at our condo. So of course we wanted it as spotless as possible so we were scrambling around Sat morning shoving random "clutter" stuff into our cars, ha!  Then me, my mom and Leah went to look at our new house :) and play in a park in the neighborhood. Later that afternoon we went swimming at our condo pool. We were the only people there! It was great, like our personal pool! :)

And then today we met up with some friends that have a one year old boy at a nearby beach park. We had a picnic lunch and the kids played in the sand and water. It was SO nice out today!  I am always afraid of Leah getting too much sun. I slather sunscreen on her but she is still just developing this nice little tan! She has her Daddy's skin in that sense, he tans so easily I am jealous!



Tonight Dustin and I got a chance to go out to dinner and a movie while Dustin's mom came to hang out with Leah.  We went to The Rock Wood Fired Pizza and YUM! It is a really fun date night place especially if you get one of their famous Rum Buckets!  They are like a humongous mai tai that come in an actual bucket with a little shovel. Fun drinks for us, and also a souvenir for Leah! :)

Those things are dangerous and they have a 2 drink maximum!  D and I should have shared one!  Then we saw Crazy Stupid Love which was very cute and funny, I recommend it! 

I hope everyone else is enjoying the weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my - those rum buckets look frightening delicious.

    And we saw Crazy Stupid Love awhile back and LOVED it. It's been some time since they made an actually good romantic comedy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great weekend! Those rum buckets look amaze but I would be a goner after one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously - it feels like summer is just beginning for us!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yay, beach day! Looks like a great time. And I'm so jealous that Seattle's version of a heat wave is the 80's. It's in the upper 90's here!!

    Also, I'm dying to try those massages. I hear they really help find trigger spots to issues in the rest of your body!

    ReplyDelete