Sep 27, 2011

Settling In

We have been in our house about 4 days now, going into our 4th night.  We are already feeling 'at home' here, but that doesn't mean that it feels 100% comfortable yet.  We still don't have living room, guest room, or den furniture. Or anything hung on the walls.  And we still need a dresser for our walk-in closet. At the condo we had custom closets that included drawers. So a lot of my clothes are currently sitting in baskets in our bedroom, ugh! It's driving me nuts! But everything else is slowly but surely finding its place!  We are waiting until we decide on furniture before we really start decorating (artwork, curtains, etc.).

Here is me and Leah going on a walk around our new neighborhood today -
This playground is right across the street. Good because it's so close, but bad because anytime we look out the window of our house, or are coming and going, Leah wants to go to it!


Playing peek-a-boo in our front yard!

And playing in our backyard!
I posted on Facebook yesterday how exhausted I was.feeling and that even though I had millions of things to be doing, during Leah's nap I took a long shower, made some coffee, switched on our gas fireplace and watched some DVR'd shows. It was amazing. And Leah took a super long nap which made it even better. :-)

That rest yesterday must have worked because today I woke up energized!  I got me and Leah ready first thing and headed to the gym to take my boot camp class (which I haven't been to in like a month with all the house stuff going on). Leah did great in the childcare room and I got a great workout (I am SO feeling it right  now)  After that we ran by the condo and then my mom's to pick up some things. Then to Target to look for various household items. Leah was not having it at that point so I only got a few things before taking her home for nap.  Then this afternoon we stayed home and did some chores and went for a walk.

 Leah is loving running laps around our downstairs!

OK so this is random but Leah has been getting SO good at eating with her fork and spoon! Today she ate a container of yogurt by herself with minimal mess! Yay!
 There are things about having a two level home that is taking some getting used to! We are no longer always 5 steps away from, well, everything! Ha!  I didn't even hear my phone earlier because it was downstairs and I was up! And things like having to go ALLLLL :-) the way down to the kitchen for something to drink is different for us!  And there are more creaks and cracks in a house.

I know things with the house will slowly come together. It is just hard for me to be patient! I want things to be perfect now so that I can get back to some normalcy! I will post pics of the house once it is starting to look more put together!!

2 comments:

  1. So exciting Kristin! The few pictures of the house look SO cute...what a great kitchen! Enjoy the process and the new memories to be had it your adorable house. :) Can't wait to see more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I hope the nesting process goes smoothly. Unpacking and decorating can be such a hassle and I image having a little tot running around doesn't make it any easier. Good luck with everything. Can't wait to see some pics. :)

    ReplyDelete