Oct 6, 2011

Breakfast Cupcakes

I found this recipe on the blog Love From Texas. Jessica has the cutest little kids and posts really good recipes.

This one looked so good and I knew my family would love it.

Original Recipe-
  • 1lb sausage (cooked) *I used ground veggie sausage*
  • 10 eggs
  • 1.5-2c shredded cheddar cheese *I didn't use that much*
  • 1/2-1tsp ground mustard
  • salt and pepper *I used fresh ground pepper and seasoning salt*
  • 1 can Grands Flakey Layers biscuits
{1} Spray muffin pans with cooking spray. Divide each unbaked biscuit in to 2 layers. (They should just peel apart.) Press each layer in to a cup on the muffin pan.

 {2} Whisk eggs together and season with ground mustard, salt, and pepper. Stir in cheese and cooked sausage crumbles.
*Instead of mixing the cheese in, I just sprinkled some on top of half of them*
 {3} Pour egg/sausage mixture in to each muffin cup until it is almost full. .

Bake at 350 for 16-18 minutes, or until egg is done and tops are golden.  I had a few biscuits leftover so we had those on the side.
And all done, they turned out SO good!!  And were so easy to make.


    3 comments:

    1. I was secretly hoping these would be something sweet and chocolaty but these look just as good! (And probably more suitable for breakfast.) Such a great idea.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I have everything in the house to make these. Maybe Saturday morning. Yum!!

      ReplyDelete
    3. This is such a great idea! I love breakfast sausage. Mmm.

      ReplyDelete