Oct 21, 2011

Kinda Bored

Dustin has been in San Fransisco (jealous! I LOVE San Fran!) all week for work so Leah and I have been home alone.  My friend Kim was so sweet and stayed the first night with me and we had an old fashioned sleepover with movies, snacks, girl talk, and lots of wine, hehe. It was really fun. 
We did have a lot of other fun activities planned to keep us busy this week, but poor Miss Leah came down with a cold Tuesday night. And since it drives me nuts when people bring their kids out around other kids when they are sick, I canceled all our playdates. She is acting fine but I don't want her to get worse. So we have been at home for the last few days. I am trying to enjoy the down time and relax but I get so bored just sitting at home! But at least I have the house clean, laundry done, and dishes done! I hope Leah feels better soon. Today she took a 3 1/2 hour nap (her norm is 2 hours) so hopefully her body is working to fight it off.
Pretty girl

Silly!

Tuesday night I had a Sea Gals practice! For those of you out of the area, that is the name of the Seahawks cheerleaders. As I have mentioned before, I cheered for them for 3 years. I have been out of touch with everyone from that world since Leah has been born. But then I got an email from the director asking some of the alumni to come back and perform in a special halftime show for an upcoming game! I was extremely nervous but knew that I wanted to do it. So anyway it was fun to see a lot of my old friends and practice and DANCE like old times! It was an awesome work out too and I am still sore 2 days later, haha!  I can't wait for the game and the opportunity to perform again!! I wish I had some pics from my cheering days on this computer to share but I don't unfortunately.

In other news, I just picked up Leah's very first potty!  She has been increasingly interested in the toilet and going to the bathroom. I will spare you the details :-) but I thought it was about time we got Leah her own little potty to start getting comfortable with the idea!  We are not going to start potty training for awhile. For now she just likes to sit on it (fully clothed) and say "PEEEEE" haha!

It's really cute and the top will attach to a regular toilet when she gets bigger. And then the bottom turns into a step stool. And I love the little spot for toilet paper :-)

Ugh, now my throat is starting to feel a little sore, I hope I'm not getting a cold too!!

4 comments:

  1. hope you and your cutie feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That potty made me crack up! I think it's the toilet paper holder. Eat some chicken soup! Lots! I felt one coming on the other day and it went away after copious amounts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that potty!Even with the toilet paper and everything..wow!! I swear every year they come up with the coolest things for kids, makes you feel like an outdated mom and my kids are not even that old. :) Hope she gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missed you this am for brunch! Hope the little girl is feeling better soon, Ethan was sick last week, it's rough staying home all week! I'm gonna plan another breakfast/lunch at the begining of November... Hope we'll see you then! Still bummed about next week! P.S.Super cute potty... Who makes it? -Melissa

    ReplyDelete