Oct 23, 2011

Fun Fall Weekend

This weekend was filled with fun stuff. But unfortunately I did catch Leah's cold so wasn't feeling too well, but still had obligations and plans! 

Friday night we went to pick Dustin up from the airport. Yay, so glad to have him home!!

Saturday morning we went to the cutest little farm literally 5 minutes from our neighborhood. They have pumpkins out right now and then it turns into a Christmas tree farm after Thanksgiving. They also have some animals that Leah loved looking at. It is a small family owned farm, not one of the big fair type places with rides, etc. that you have to pay to go into. It was adorable. We are definitely going back there for our Christmas tree!









Then we got home and while Leah took her nap, Dustin and I carved our pumpkins.

Didn't have any gloves so I put a plastic bag around my hand :-)
We haven't carved pumpkins since I lived with my mom like 10 years ago! At our condo we had nowhere to display them so we never did it! 

Saturday night I helped my friend Kim do bartending at her parents' friend's party. It was fun and I got a chance to make some $$ which was nice :-)  BUT I think staying out late pushed my cold over the edge :-(  I was supposed to wake up this morning and run in a 5k with my dad but I had to back out at the last minute. I was so congested last night that I didn't sleep at all, ugh. And colds are always worse at night and in the morning. Plus, I had a SeaGals practice scheduled for today too so I needed to conserve my energy for that. 

Then tonight we went out to dinner to celebrate my brother passing the Bar Exam and officially being an attorney now, woohoo! 

When we got home we lit our pumpkins on the porch and also put some fun lights around the front door.

Mine is the traditional jack o lantern pumpkin and Dustin did the Grim Reaper design

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend (though I'm sorry you have a cold, what a bummer)! I wish we had a fun farm or something nearby to visit with Jaxon. Y'alls pumpkins turned out great! I was just telling JD I've never carved one. I think we'll have to experiment in the next year or two because it's definitely something I want to do with Jax when he's a little older.

    I hope you and Leah both feel better SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun fall weekend! I love the pictures with the pumpkins - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Love all the pictures specially the one with you and Lea together- you both look so happy and cute!

    Check out my blog today there may be something over there for you :)

    ReplyDelete